The Investment Association ("we", “us”, “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
By visiting http://w www.ivis.co.uk (“our site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller is The Investment Association of Camomile Court, 23 Camomile Street, London EC3A 7LL.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you (including without limitation):
- Information that you give us: you may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, become a member, post material, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, request further services, and when you report a problem with our site. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, and financial information.
- Information we collect about you: with regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources: we may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case, any data collected may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We may also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
The Investment Association collects some information on its web sites through the use of 'cookies'. Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. The Investment Association uses "cookies" to help it recognise you as a prior user of this site and to personalise your browsing. The Investment Association does not store any personal information about you using cookies technology. By using this website you agree to our use of such cookies. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We may use information held about you (information that you give to us, information we collect about you and information we receive from other sources) in the following ways:
• Information you give to us: we may use this information:
o to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
o to notify you about changes to our service; and
o to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• Information we collect about you: we may use this information:
o to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
o to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
o to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
o as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and/or secure;
o to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them;
o to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use; and
o in co-operation with your internet provider, to identify you if we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our terms or use or to protect our service, site, users or others.
• Information we receive from other sources: we may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
• business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; and
• analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your information to third parties:
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• if The Investment Association or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its members will be one of the transferred assets;
• to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Investment Association and our members or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Whilst we accept responsibility for maintaining the personal information entrusted to us on our site, we are not responsible for its accuracy over time or at the point of entry. If you identify any inaccuracy in your personal information, as a registered user you can make any necessary changes as required.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.